ESN Italy is the national network of ESN sections in Italy.
ESN Italy was born on the 22nd of October 1994 by the 7 oldest sections in Italy (Siena, Parma, Pavia, Milano, Trento, Bologna and Genova).
Nowadays ESN Italy is made of more than 50 sections.
The National Board is composed by the President, the Vice President, the Treasurer, the National Representative, Communication Manager, Project Coordinator and the Event Manager.
The aim of the association is to facilitate mobility of university students in Europe:
- By welcoming and giving advice to foreign students hosted for a period of study at an Italian university (through a tutoring service and the organisation of cultural and recreational events that promote the integration of foreign students in the local university);
- By providing an updated information service on European programs of inter-university exchanges;
- By developing a systematic evaluation of these programs, through the experience of the students who took part.
ESN Italy organizes three big events:
- ICE - Incontro Culturale Erasmus: 3 days of cultural events in the capital of Italy, Rome, with 2,500 Erasmus students from all over Italy;
- EN - Evento Nazionale: the most known and the biggest event which brings together more than 3000 students for the most unbelievable days of their Erasmus;
- NEG - National Erasmus Games: The most loved events for the most sportive students who will challenge themselves in some national sports competitions.